Home > Box-Office Records And Collections > 'Adavi Ramudu' Shares At Various Centres|
'Adavi Ramudu' Shares At Various Centres
Special thanks to Mr. Vijaya Bhaskar | January 17, 2007
marks the death anniversary of legendary actor the late Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao. On this occasion, we present a special article on his landmark film Adavi Ramudu
Although, he has several blockbusters to his credit, Adavi Ramudu
, released in the year 1977, earned the actor a special place in the record books.
The film broke several existing records:
- Ran for 100 days in 32 centres (30 direct + 2 shift).
- Ran for 175 days in 16 centres (both direct and shift).
- Ran for 365 days in 4 centres with shifts (Kurnool, Vizag, Vijayawada and Hyderabad). The record was later broken by the Akkineni Nageswara Rao-Dasari combo Premabhishekam, which had 8 365-day centres (1 direct + 7 shift).
- Became the third film in the history of Telugu Cinema to collect Rs. one crore at the box-office, the first two being Lava-Kusa and Dana Veera Sura Karna.
- First film to run for 161 days in two theatres in the twin cities (Venkatesa 70mm-176, Ajantha-161). The record has remained unbroken for 29 years.
- Ran for 302 days at Alankar, Vizag, which is still a record for the theatre.
|#||Centre||Days Screened||Total Share|